Thursday, November 9, 2017

Have your say! - Would you be afraid of a Kangaroo?

From: Isabel Madruga Torremocha
Date: Wed, Nov 8, 2017

Would you be afraid of a Kangaroo?

 

What do you know about Australia and the life there?  Since I was a child I really have liked Kangaroos, that animal with so small arms and a pouch. A marsupial!  That animal was a symbol for me of tenderness in primary school. I found so cute a kangaroo mother with her breeding within her pouch.  Sometime after, I learnt that the Kangaroo is the symbol of Australia.
Last summer I have met some girls from Australia and my knowledge about  Kangaroos  have been increased. Not only was it a shocking surprise for me to know that people in Australia eat Kangaroo meat but also to discover that the increasing population of  kangaroos is generating a problem to Australian people.
The article I have chosen shows us different aspects about these animals. First, the way they behave when confronting a risk. Second, besides their hopping across open landscapes they can also swim. Finally, my idyllic image of Kangaroos has completely disappeared when I saw the gaze of the roo in the Mid-water standoff.
Do you like Kangaroos? Would you feel thrilled or be frightened if you stumble across a Kangaroo when you were walking in the countryside?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your contributions!