Monday, January 29, 2018

Have your say! - Laura's artwork

From: Laura Salas Oraá
Date: Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 9:52 PM


As I introduced myself the first day we started English' classes, I promised to set up some of my art' pieces and new artistic projects.
My favourite technique is engraving because of the difficulty of working. According to the material of the board, I need to adapt my design into different tools to work with: copper board goes with thinner and stronger gouges and acids; wood board goes with bigger and weaker gouges and without acids, and plastic board goes with a middle-hardness gouges. The pro of those engraving techniques are the range of possibilities to obtain different visual' effects, which are changeable according to the chosen technique. The worse point of view of engraving, is the dimensions and weight of the material to stamp the artworks on: you'll need a special and adapted space to instal the machines, or you'll need to pay to work in an engraving studio. This is the first reason why I decided to introduce myself in watercolor, because is easier to work with it in almost every place, and cheaper.
To sum up with, the best moments are when I draw, it doesnt matter the technique: let your imagination fly, you should try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your contributions!