Sunday, November 13, 2016

Have your say! Children thoughts

From: Nuria Cortes Diaz
Date: Sat, Nov 12, 2016


Hi guys!

I want to share this short video with you because something happened to me with it few days ago. I'm helping a little girl in my neighborhood to improve her English and I showed her this video to do some activities. At the end we were practicing some speaking and she told me some things that made me think over.

The first thing she told was that she was really happy because the German boy had become his friend. He was helping the Syrian boy with the language and with the school. After that, I asked her opinion about the relationship between the two boys and about the way the German one was treating the Syrian one. She told me that it was good because if there is a new student, he has to be helped by everyone in the class. This boy had suffered travelling from so far so he needed support and love.

It can be said that this opinion is just what children are been taught at primary school, but look at the two boys then. They are friends; they are real friends because children act with no filters. When a child is in kindergarten and there is a kid he or she doesn't like, that kid will never take his or her toys. No way! However, if the kid is likely to become his or her friend, the child will share. So the German boy is not only his friend even they are really different, but also he admires the Syrian child in some way because of his long travel, because he is a good reader…

Shouldn't adults think like children sometimes?

4 comments:

  1. I can answer your question: YES, YES. Children say what they feel, and that is a good example that every adult people should do. We should act thinking with our heart and not with our mind. A good video that make you think!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´d like to talk about this video. Let´s face it! If you watched this video you´d get excited about it. Rightly or wrongly, over 4.5 million people left Siria because of the war, the more days, the more refugees. Children for simply for being children are harmed than adults.
    Although, it wasn´t easy managed to live in a new country, this boy had a new chance. This boy is a simple of international efforts to attempt to help people. It´s a glimmer of hope, unfortunately, there are a lot children had no option but to stay in Siria as well as their family.
    As far as I´m concerned, there are a lot of people involves in helping refugees, this story bore fruit and it´s awesome, on the contrary, we have to work hard to have more stories like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi mates,

    In my opinion, it's just unfair that a child has to leave his friends, neighborhood, hometown, and sometimes even his family because adults decided to launch rockets each other... I know the political and social situation is more complicated than that, but whatever the reason is, nothing justifies all these broken families and lost childhoods.

    Probably it's an idealistic 'cliché', but all the adults should learn something from these little people. The german kid helps the Syrian one for the simple fact he needs it! Nothing expected in return, no diplomacy, no interests, no negotiation,...

    A good education (not only in the school: also in the family and in the society) is the basis for a better world. An education where the children understand we are equal, based in solidarity and mutual support.

    By the way, there is an exhibition in Madrid, in 'Matadero', called 'Sin Filtros'. It's full of photographs about the conflict and the refugees' path to Europe, which is brutal. I found it extremely interesting and revealing, but a little hard. I strongly encourage you to visit it before it closes. Maybe some representatives should take a walk around there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I've really loved this video. I like children very much, in fact, I work with them and they are incredible. They never fail to amaze me. But, the truth is the case of the Syrian boy is extremely touching. I finished to watch the video with my eyes filled with tears. The world will be a better place if many adults were as him and his German friend.

    ReplyDelete