Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Have your say! Procrastination

Comments welcome on the blog!


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ANGELA SERRANO
Date: Mon, Oct 31, 2016
Subject: Have your say!


Hi guys!!
As I am the first student posting my contribution on the activity: Have to say!, I wanted to share a video, which is easier and funnier to follow.
It is a Tim Urban talk's for TED, an event where  the world's leading thinkers gather to find inspiration.
I recomend you to watch the video and think about it. Because, how many times do you delay the things you have to do until the last minute? Even more, how many times do you spend the time you were supossed to do something, loosing that time on the internet or other?
This is called procastinate and I consider myself a procastinator. On this video you will understand how a procastinator mind works in a really easy and funny way!!
Hope you enjoy it!!! 


8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ángela for your contribution! I enjoyed a lot!. You were right, it´s very funny the way he explains the procastinator´s mind with the instant gratification monster, the dark playground and the panic monster.
    After watching the video I must confess I´m not a real procastinator taking into consideration things I have to do. But at the same time, I agree with: “Everyone is procastinating on something in life.” In my case one of those things is ironing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raquel Sánchez OrtizNovember 2, 2016 at 2:47 PM

    -Oh my God! I'm a procastinator.-My rational decision-maker says
    -Well, Raquel, don't panic. The first step is accepting it.-My instant gratification monkey replies.
    -Ok, first step passed and now? -Decision-maker asks
    -Eeeeh, don't worry, tomorrow I will think about it. Now, let's watch TV. -My instant gratification monkey answers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don´t have this problem. I am a non-procrastinator person. Do you believe what I am saying?. It is true. I have just only a Rational Decision Maker living in my brain.My Instant Gratification Monkey has dead. In fact,I do remenber when it died. I did not get an important deadline in my life and I suddenly madured. This, it is not true. I was born without the Monkey. I always do productive task. I love deadlines and every time I get them. I feel happy when a deadline arrives and the work is done. This is my Bright Playgroung.
    If I must say something on which I am procrastinating, it is cleaning. I have solved this problem: I do not clean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my case I am completely different at work and in my personal life.
    At work I try to finish my task in advance, but out of work, I always do the things in the last minute and sometime late, so maybe I should copy my way of acting at work and do the same at home!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Angela for sharing this viydeo! It is very funny and I really enjoyed it. I am happy to know there are many procastinators like me! I have been wanting to change it from many years, but I always decided to start to change in the following week! ;) In addition, I would like to point out that this video aslo makes us think about how we delay some decisions or activities in our lives, only because there is not a fixed deadline; and how it may leads in unhapinnes or regrets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you guys, Alyssa.

    Copy the link on your browser for comments:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d4Hzl6hcZaxZEjdtcny9MsC8rsw4Np8Vt3s9xldL4Hg/edit?usp=sharing

    ReplyDelete